- Personally Identifiable Information We Collect. In your use of the Website and Services, we may collect any information that you voluntarily share with us. This information may also be collected by third party service providers or partners on our behalf. This information may be collected when you send us emails, voluntarily submit information to us via the Website, or otherwise submit information in connection with the Services. This information may include your (1) contact information (such as name, address, email address and phone number), (2) age, (3) gender, (4) date of birth, (5) health information, (6) financial and payment information, including credit card and payment card information, and (7) any other information you choose to provide us. In addition, we receive from Exact Sciences the personal information you use to create an account with Exact Sciences. We may use third party service providers to assist us in collecting and maintaining this personally identifiable information. However, we require such service providers to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- How we use Personally Identifiable Information we Collect. We will use personally identifiable information: (i) to provide the Services to you; (ii) to send messages to you and otherwise communicate with you in connection with the Services, (iii) as otherwise may be disclosed at the point of collection, and/or (iv) as described below or in the Notice of Privacy Practices. In addition, we may use your personal information in the aggregate in a non-identifiable way in order to better understand the Services being provided, how to improve these Services, how to improve the Website and for any other lawful purpose.
Other Information Collected On the Website.
When you visit the Website, we (or a third party service provider on our or Exact Sciences’ behalf) may passively collect the following non-personal information about you and your usage of the Website.
- IP Address. Your IP address may be collected. Your "IP address" is usually associated with the network location and physical location from which you enter the Internet. We log IP addresses for systems administration purposes. This information helps us determine how often different areas of our site are visited and we also use this information to personalize the content that is displayed to you on the Website based on your previous visits and the ads that you access. We do not link IP address to any information that is personally identifiable.
- Web Beacons and Pixel Tags. The term "web beacons" and "pixel tags" refer to Internet tools, such as transparent images on the Website or in emails that we may send to you that help us to determine whether a page has been viewed or an email opened. A pixel tag is a type of web beacon embedded in an image on the website. In general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page can contain a pixel tag or other web beacon. We may also use these Internet technology tools to allow us to track the internet browser most commonly used to access the Website and the pages that are most popular, which statistics assist us in making the Website more user-friendly and accessible.
- Statistical Identifiers and Device Recognition. We (or our service providers on our behalf) may employ statistical identifiers, also known as device recognition tools. These tools may be used to assist in managing the content on the Website by informing us (without using cookies) of the content that you use and view on the Website. These tools collect various information about your device, such as your screen resolution, browser type, and operating system. Many devices have unique, or near unique, device profiles such that collecting this information allows us and our service providers to determine with a reasonable level of statistical accuracy information on your engagement with the Website and advertisements on the Website, as well as your device when you interact with the Website. We do not tie this statistical information to your personal information.
- Surveys. We may also ask that you participate in anonymous surveys, which allow us to collect additional data to help us improve the Website. Participation in such surveys is voluntary and is not connected to any of your personal information.
- Analytics. We use non-personally identifiable information in the aggregate to determine how much traffic the Website receives, to statistically analyze Website usage, to improve our content, and to customize the Website's content, layout and services. In addition, we may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to manage the Website and to enhance the Website based on the usage pattern data we receive.
How we Disclose the Information we Collect.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
In addition, you agree that we have the right to disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- to Exact Sciences;
- to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries and affiliates, including our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries and affiliated, professional corporations as needed to provide the Services;
- to analytics providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the Website;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent;
- to third-party service providers specifically involved in the processing of your information received via the Website and as otherwise necessary to manage the Website and provide the Services you request;
- to investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website; or (c) protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public;
- if we, or any of our businesses, are sold or disposed of as a going concern, whether by merger, reorganization, sale of assets or otherwise, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership; and
- in connection with a commercial transaction where we are seeking financing, investment, support or funding.
- Handling of Electronic Records and Backup. In general, we will retain all information collected through the Website and Services for, at a minimum, the length of time permitted by law. We maintain backup files as a protection against natural disasters, equipment failures, or other disruptions. Backup files protect you and us because they lower the risk of losing valuable data. Backup files may contain records with your personal information. Removing a record from our active files and databases does not remove that record from any backup systems. Such backup data will eventually be passively deleted as backup records are erased through the normal recycling of backup files. In the meantime, as long as backup records exist, they receive the same security protections as our other records.
Communications between your browser and portions of the Website containing personally identifiable information may be protected with various forms of encryption. This encryption is to help protect your information while it is being transmitted. Once we receive your information we strive to maintain the physical and electronic security of your personal information using commercially reasonable efforts.
HOWEVER, NO DATA TRANSMISSION OVER THE INTERNET OR ANY WIRELESS NETWORK CAN BE GUARANTEED TO BE PERFECTLY SECURED. AS A RESULT, WHILE WE STRIVE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION USING COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE AND INDUSTRY STANDARD TECHNOLOGY, WE CANNOT ENSURE OR GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO US, AND YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information form accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. As you access your personal information by logging on to your Exact Sciences account, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential.
- Security Breach. If we determine that your personal information has or may reasonably have been disclosed due to a security breach of our systems, we will notify you to the extent required by applicable state and federal law, using your information that we have on file.